The inspection framework
You may like
- How Ofsted inspects 'behaviour and attitudes' Be clear on how 'behaviour and attitudes' will be inspected in your school under the Ofsted inspection framework.
- How Ofsted inspects governance Learn how Ofsted inspects governance under the inspection framework, and what your role is on inspection day.
- How Ofsted inspects 'leadership and management' Be clear on how Ofsted will inspect your school's leadership and management, and read a summary of the grade descriptors.
- How Ofsted inspects 'personal development' Learn how Ofsted inspects 'personal development' under the inspection framework, including how spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development is considered.
- How Ofsted inspects 'quality of education' Be clear on how your school's curriculum will be inspected under the 'quality of education' judgement.
- How Ofsted inspects SEND provision Understand how Ofsted will inspect your school's SEND provision. Doing so won't just prepare you for inspection, but also inform your strategic plans and how you monitor and challenge provision.
- How Ofsted inspects sixth forms Understand how Ofsted will inspect your school's sixth-form provision under the 2022 framework.
- How Ofsted judges 'overall effectiveness' Find out how Ofsted measures 'overall effectiveness' so that you're clear on how your school will be inspected under the 2019 framework.
- How Ofsted will assess RSE Relationships and sex education (RSE) isn't inspected on its own - instead, Ofsted will consider this within your school's 'personal development' and 'leadership and management' judgements. Understand what requirements your school needs to meet and evidence it can present.
- Ofsted changes for the 2022/23 academic year: summary Ofsted has made small updates to its inspection handbooks for September 2022. See what's changed for this academic year so you can keep on top of what's new.
- Ofsted inspection framework: what it means for your school Find out what your school needs to do under the current framework, so you can monitor how your school is performing against the 4 areas of judgement.
- Ofsted inspection: role of link governors and trustees If you're a link governor or trustee, Ofsted inspectors won't formally assess your role. If you do speak to them, here's how you can demonstrate that you're effectively monitoring your school or trust.
- Ofsted inspection: safeguarding Understand what inspectors expect to see in your school's safeguarding arrangements, and what evidence Ofsted will collect during an inspection.
- Ofsted: latest updates Stay up to date with all things Ofsted, including plans to review teachers' professional development and to inspect all schools by summer 2025.
- Ofsted 'summary evaluations' of trusts: explainer Summary evaluations are Ofsted's approach to gathering findings about a multi-academy trust. Find out what happens at each stage of the process, what Ofsted will expect and what it's likely to consider.
- Routine Ofsted inspections after September 2021: impact of COVID-19 Ofsted restarted routine inspections in September 2021 for all school types and grades. See how inspectors consider the impact of COVID-19 alongside the usual procedures.
- School policies: what Ofsted is looking for Ofsted inspectors won't grade your school's policies, but they'll want to know how it's implementing them. Find out what inspectors would want to see from your school.
- Section 48 inspections If your school has a designated religious character, you're responsible for organising section 48 inspections on top of standard Ofsted inspections. Be clear on what these inspections are and how they work, so you can be confident in fulfilling this duty.
- Ungraded inspections for 'good' and 'outstanding' schools Section 8 inspections are now called ungraded inspections. Find out what happens during an ungraded inspection under the 2019 Ofsted framework, and what your role is as a governor.