What inspectors are looking for
They won't try to measure the impact of your school's personal development provision on individual pupils, as leaders often can't assess this while a pupil is at the school.
Inspectors will check school leaders are:
- Developing responsible, respectful and active citizens, with an understanding of fundamental British values and the confidence, resilience and knowledge so that they can keep themselves mentally healthy
- Promoting equality of opportunity and an inclusive environment
- Enabling/supporting pupils to recognise online and offline risks to their wellbeing, and their readiness for the next phase of education, training or employment
- Developing pupils' confidence, resilience and knowledge so that they can keep themselves mentally healthy
- Providing an effective careers programme in line with the government’s statutory guidance on careers advice
For more information on what inspectors are looking for, see paragraphs 249 to 252 of the school inspection handbook.
This covers a variety of aspects, such as the knowledge