- DBS and other required checks for trustees, members and local governors Be clear on what checks need to be carried out on members, trustees – including chairs – and local governors when they join your academy trust.
- DBS checks: do I need a new one? DBS checks don't expire – it's for the school employer to decide if you need a new check. Find out when you might be asked for a new one, and how the DBS Update Service can help you keep your certificate current.
- DBS checks for governors and trustees Save time by reading our summary of the rules on Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks for governors in just one page. Download a copy to share with your colleagues.
- DBS checks: requirements for governors (maintained) Find out what checks are required for governors in maintained schools, so you can make sure your school is compliant.
- Required checks for new school staff and volunteers Find out which recruitment checks your school needs to do on staff members, contractors, agency staff and volunteers.
- Section 128 checks Make sure you know who should have a section 128 check under the latest safeguarding guidance and how school staff will carry one out. Understand what the check looks for and why it's important.