You are here:
How to encourage staff to serve on your governing board
Follow these tips to put together an advert that appeals to your staff members and encourages them to stand for election to your governing board.
- Explain what the role involves and who can apply
- Highlight the benefits
- Mitigate the common concerns
- Make sure all staff know about the vacancy
- Run the election
- Promote the role all year round
- If you're having difficulty filling the role
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.