You are here:
How to recruit school governors and trustees
Work through this step-by-step process to recruit new governors or trustees. It covers identifying your needs, advertising the role, screening candidates and making the appointment.
- Conduct a skills audit to identify your board's needs
- Clarify roles in the recruitment process
- Use a free recruitment organisation like Governors for Schools
- Create a tailored advert
- Create an application pack
- Screen candidates
- Appoint/elect and induct your new governor
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.