You are here:
Staff governor elections
If you're a chair or clerk, be clear on the process for electing a staff governor in a maintained school so your election is compliant and runs smoothly.
- Who's responsible for organising the election?
- Who's eligible?
- Plan and write your recruitment literature
- The headteacher will notify staff of a vacancy and invite applications
- An election isn't needed if not enough people stand
- Run the election
- When does the staff governor's term of office start?
- Does the staff governor need a DBS check?
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.