Your role as governors
You're responsible for monitoring the spending of pupil premium funding to make sure it's having an impact on pupils.
It's up to your senior leadership team to decide how to spend the money.
You can monitor through:
- Asking your school leaders questions on pupil premium spending
- Having a pupil premium link governor
- If you're the link governor for pupil premium, understand everything you need to know with our training course
- Receiving reports from school leaders about the pupil premium
Rules on spending
Your school can spend pupil premium funding on:
- Pupils registered at your school
- Pupils registered at other maintained schools or academies
- Community services that benefit pupils at your school
This is set out in section 3 of the 2024-25 conditions for grant for both maintained schools and academies.