Financial monitoring & reporting 13 articles
- Changes to the Academy Trust Handbook 2023 include a move away from the Governance Handbook for descriptions of quality governance, and looser requirements for meeting frequency and sharing management accounts with the trust board.
- Get up to speed with the financial transparency regulations for maintained schools. Find out what your school is required to do, so you can monitor compliance.
- Read our step-by-step guide to monitoring the finance report so you're clear on what the numbers mean, what to look out for and what questions to ask in your finance committee meeting.
Generating income & fundraising 2 articles
- Updated Find a selection of the grants available to schools across a range of areas, and details of freebies your school can access. Also learn about cost-of-living support available for your school and community.
- School finances are being deeply affected by the cost-of-living crisis. Learn how to help your school generate income and find some potential solutions for raising much-needed funds.
School budget & expenditure 8 articles
- Whether you're a member of the finance committee or not, know what questions to ask about different areas of the budget at whichever stage it comes to you for approval.
- Get an idea of what your budget approval process might look like, so you're clear on when you're involved and what you need to do.
- Get up to speed on the different streams of funding your school's entitled to, including the coronavirus catch-up premium and recovery premium.
School funding 9 articles
- Devolved formula capital (DFC) is a source of capital funding for maintained schools and academies. Learn about how it's allocated and the rules your school needs to follow when spending it.
- Get to grips with how provision for pupils with special educational needs (SEN) is funded in your school.
- Save time with our 1-page summary of how maintained schools are funded and your role in overseeing finance in your school. Download a copy to share with your colleagues.