You are here:
School policies for governors: an introduction
Schools run on policies. Understand your role as governor in the policy process, from development, to approval, to publication on the school's website.
- Why schools have policies
- The different types
- Contribute to their development
- Approve them, following the statutory approval rules
- Monitor how they're implemented
- Review them in line with statutory review frequencies
- Make sure they're available online where necessary
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.