Writing & reviewing school policies
You may like
- How to approve a school policy: process Governors are responsible for approving the majority of school policies. Understand how approval can be delegated and why it can be a good idea, and what to ask before approving anything. Also read good practice on signing and storing them.
- How to review a trust-wide policy Get advice on how to look at any policy your trust sets centrally with a critical eye, so you can be assured it’s fit for purpose for a school or trust.
- Policy review cycle: template schedules Use 1 of our policy review schedules to keep on top of review periods at your school.
- Reviewing policies: questions to ask Be clear on your strategic role in reviewing policies and use our questions to make sure you do it properly.
- School policies for governors: an introduction Schools run on policies. Understand your role as governor in the policy process, from development, to approval, review, monitoring and publication.
- Statutory policies and documents Download our list of statutory policies and documents to check that your school has all the policies you need to be compliant.
- Which policies should you set centrally? It's up to you. Use our expert advice, risk assessment and see examples from trusts like you to make a call.
- Which policy do I turn to when there's a problem? Be sure you're dealing correctly with concerns and complaints with this run-down of what policies may apply. If you need an answer right away, use our decision-helper table to work out your immediate next steps.