Our governance expert, Brendan Hollyer, helped us with this article.
Make sure parents know the right way to complain
Prevention is better than cure. Parents may turn to social media if they don't know how to raise a complaint or handle an incident in the appropriate way.
Make sure parents know about your policies and procedures on things like complaints and behaviour.
Ask your senior leaders
- How easy are our policies to find on the school/trust website? Are paper copies available too?
- How easy are our policies to understand for all our parents?
- Do we regularly remind parents about key policies in our newsletters or other updates?
- Do we set aside any time to talk to parents about our policies?
- Are staff clear on our complaints procedure, and able to signpost parents to take the right steps?
Proactively set expectations for parents' behaviour on social media, and be clear about how the