Parents & the community
Complaints 6 articles
- Your school leaders can decide to ban parents or visitors who behave aggressively or abusively on the school site. Read about how your board might be involved with reviewing bans.
- Save time with our template letter to let complainants know the outcome of a complaints panel.
- Find guidance on the procedure for convening a complaints panel, procedures for a hearing, and the role of the clerk and complaints panel chair.
Engaging with parents & the community 5 articles
- Surveys can be an effective way to gather feedback from parents and staff, but there's a right and wrong way to do them. Read on to be sure you're on the right track.
- Find out what questions you can ask about your school’s newsletter and what you can expect it to cover, so you can make sure your school’s community is kept up to date.
- Parents can sometimes be defamatory, negative or inappropriate on social media. Take these steps to prevent and deal with any incidents.