You are here:
Social media: how to prevent and respond to poor parent behaviour
Parents can sometimes be defamatory, negative or inappropriate on social media. Take these steps to prevent and deal with any incidents.
- Make sure parents know the right way to complain
- Check that your school policies set behaviour standards
- What to do if there's been an incident
- Explain any policy changes to parents
- Take the matter further as a last resort
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.