Role and responsibilities
You need to hold senior leaders to account for:
- How they spend the pupil premium (from September 2022, they should be using the Department for Education's menu of approaches)
- The impact of spending on targeted groups
- The attainment and progress of eligible pupils compared with others
Make sure you're familiar with the pupil premium
You need to know:
- What it is
- How it's calculated and allocated
- Which groups of pupils attract the premium
- How it can be spent
If you're unsure, use our pupil premium course to get up to scratch. It covers the basics like what it is and who's eligible to receive funding, but also dives deeper into how to monitor the premium.
Once you complete the final assessment, you'll receive a certificate to say you've competed the training which will appear on your GovernorHub training record.
Pupil premium overview Pupil premium: