You are here:
How to induct new governors effectively
High-quality induction ensures that new governors and trustees can hit the ground running. Understand what you need to do to prepare them for their role, and how you can provide ongoing support.
- The chair usually leads induction
- Give new governors relevant documentation
- Set out expectations at your first meeting
- Make sure they register on The Key
- Share our skills audit to help you identify training needs
- Help them to prepare for their first meeting
- Invite them to observe a committee
- Set them up with ongoing support
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.