Staff pay & progression
- Pay award for teachers in 2022 Make sure you know what the teacher pay ranges, and teaching and learning responsibility (TLR) payments for 2022/23 are, as well as how your school needs to apply them. Find the pay ranges in the current STPCD all in one place.
- Pay committee: membership Be clear on who can sit on the pay committee for maintained schools and academies, and what the rules are for staff governors. See also example pay policies from schools.
- Rewarding staff: payments, perks and incentives Be clear on what financial and non-financial rewards and incentives you can give staff, so you can show your staff some appreciation and stay compliant.
- Support staff: pay scales and progression Find who sets the pay for school support staff, different pay progression arrangements, and pay for support staff following academy conversion.
- Teachers' pay award 2022: cheat sheet Unsure how the latest changes to teacher pay affect your school? Get up to speed with our cheat sheet.
- Teachers' pay grant: what your school will get and when Get to grips with how the teachers' pay grant is funded. Find out who is eligible, how your school's allocation will be calculated, and how it can spend the grant.
- Your role in teachers' pay progression Understand the pay and progression process, from what to expect in the report from your headteacher, to how to manage appeals.