You are here:
Taking action after a poor Ofsted rating
What should we do after receiving a poor rating from Ofsted? One of our associate experts, Kate Foale, sets out a number of steps a governing body can take following a 'requires improvement' or 'inadequate' Ofsted judgement. She also suggests how a governing body can improve its own practice.
- Establish what Ofsted wants to see improved
- Develop a post-Ofsted action plan
- Analyse the school’s performance data
- Ensure the school begins to prepare for monitoring visits
- Ensure the governing body is working effectively
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.