- Banning parents from the school site Your school leaders can decide to ban parents or visitors who behave aggressively or abusively on the school site. Read about how your board might be involved with reviewing bans.
- Complaints panel: decision letter template Save time with our template letter to let complainants know the outcome of a complaints panel.
- Complaints procedures for governing boards Find guidance on the procedure for convening a complaints panel, procedures for a hearing, and the role of the clerk and complaints panel chair.
- Dealing with complaints: a summary for governors Get a summary of the rules on handling complaints – including against the headteacher, governors and chair – and see a quick overview of how the process usually goes.
- Handling persistent or aggressive complaints Serial and unfounded complaints can be time-consuming and stressful for both headteachers and governors. Learn how to manage this effectively and find out where you can get help with particularly tricky situations.
- What not to do when you get a complaint 6 common mistakes that governors make when dealing with complaints – and how to avoid them.