- Academy conversion: consultation toolkit Converting to an academy is a big decision. Find out who you should consult, how to do it and what information to include in your consultation. Adapt our template letter to inform and invite stakeholders to share their views on academy conversion, and share our stakeholder FAQs document.
- Academy conversion: step-by-step process Be clear on each step of the academy conversion process so you know what you need to do from start to finish. Use our handy checklist to keep track of the tasks to complete, to make sure everything's covered.
- How to avoid common pitfalls in academy conversion Find out how to avoid making the most common mistakes when converting to an academy, so you can make sure the process runs smoothly.
- How to effectively on-board new academies Get tips on how to smoothly on-board new academies into your trust. Find out what to prioritise before a school joins your trust, and how to help the LGB hit the ground running once all the paperwork is signed.
- How to write your scheme of delegation Your MAT is required to have a scheme of delegation that shows who does what in your trust's governance structure. Follow our tips on what to include and what to consider when writing your scheme or giving it an annual review, with examples of how other trusts have written theirs.
- Joining a MAT: questions to ask Find out what questions you can ask when you're considering joining a multi-academy trust (MAT) so you can make sure there’s been a process of due diligence.
- Schemes of delegation in multi-academy trusts All MATs do governance differently, and your scheme of delegation will set out your trust's approach. As a local governor, you need to be familiar with this document. Understand what kind of information you'll find in your scheme of delegation and when you should look to it for answers.