You are here:

Last updated on 21 September 2017
Ref: 5172
School types: All · School phases: All

Are schools required to consult before academy conversion? We look at the requirements for consultation when converting to an academy. We also refer to advice from an LA, two associate experts and a union on how to conduct a consultation.

Article tools


  1. Requirements
  2. Consulting stakeholders
  3. Publicising the consultation
  4. Information to include
  5. Reporting
  6. Advice from a union
  7. Consultation documents: examples
  8. Public Sector Equality Duty
  9. Parent complaints

More from The Key

The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.