Clerk to the governing board
- Clerk's guide to GovernorHub Get skilled up on how you can use GovernorHub to tackle some common tasks efficiently and easily.
- Governance professionals' pay and hours Clerks, governance co-ordinators and governance leads play a key role in school and trust governance and should expect to be paid accordingly. Use the findings from our report on benchmarking pay and working patterns, to ensure you are paid fairly for the work that you do.
- How to carry out a clerk's appraisal The quality of your clerking is key to the performance of your board(s). Learn how to carry out an annual performance review so you can drive high standards and support clerking professional development.
- How to recruit a clerk Get everything you need to recruit your next clerk. Find out how to run the process from start to finish, including guidance on advertising, interviews and making the appointment.
- Skills audit for governance professionals Evaluate your skills and knowledge, and identify your training needs with our skills audit based on the clerking competency framework.
- The clerking competency framework Get the headline information you need about what the clerking competency framework is, and how you can use it. Download this QuickRead to share with your board.
- The role of the clerk All boards must have a clerk. Find out who can be clerk, and be clear on what the role involves so you can work with your governance professional effectively. Use our model role description if you’re recruiting a clerk.
- Training for clerks to the governing board Clerks should have all of the skills and knowledge set out in the clerking competency framework. Discover what funding is available to you and where to find the training you need.