Employment & conditions
Capability, conduct & grievances 5 articles
- Understand how to manage concerns from staff, parents and governors about the headteacher’s conduct and actions, and get tips on how to maintain an effective relationship with your headteacher.
- Understand your role in headteacher capability procedures. Be clear on what happens during the process, including during formal meetings, dismissals and appeals.
- Find out how to arrange a disciplinary hearing and put together a panel of governors. Read about best practice for conducting the hearing and making a decision. Know what the clerk needs to do to prepare for the hearing, including compiling evidence, communicating with witnesses and keeping a record.
Staff contracts 1 article
Staff wellbeing & absence 6 articles
- Exit interviews help improve staff retention by letting you find out why staff are leaving. Use our template questionnaire to find out what questions to ask.
- Understand what a strategic focus on wellbeing looks like and how to use it to create a culture of wellbeing in your school.
- Find out how you can promote a healthy staff work-life balance without stepping on the toes of the day-to-day running of the school.