Employment & conditions
Capability, conduct & grievances 5 articles
- Understand how to manage concerns from staff, parents and governors about the headteacher’s conduct and actions, and get tips on how to maintain an effective relationship with your headteacher.
- Understand your role in headteacher capability procedures. Be clear on what happens during the process, including during formal meetings, dismissals and appeals.
- Know how to put together a panel and arrange and conduct a hearing as a chair or governance professional. If you're on a panel, find out what will happen during the hearing, and how to make your decision.
Staff contracts 1 article
Staff wellbeing & absence 6 articles
- Exit interviews help improve staff retention by letting you find out why staff are leaving. Use our template questionnaire to find out what questions to ask.
- Understand what a strategic focus on wellbeing looks like and how to use it to create a culture of wellbeing in your school or trust.
- Find out how you can promote a healthy staff work-life balance without stepping on the toes of the day-to-day running of your school.
Strike action 2 articles
- Updated Get answers to your questions about strike action. Find out about the rights and responsibilities of staff in your school, and how your school should respond to industrial action.
- Find out who your headteacher needs to inform about industrial action and school closures, and understand what your role is. Use our questions to ask your headteacher about talking to striking and non-striking staff.