You are here:
Top tips to get your governors on school visits
Find out how you, as the chair, can kick-start your board and encourage all of your governors to be active in school life.
- Set school visits as an expectation
- Have a visit schedule
- Give each governor a responsibility
- Equip your governors with our resources
- Use a mentor/buddy system for newer governors
- Organise a governor day each year
- Include informal visits and events in your schedule
- My governors still aren’t participating in school visits
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.