You are here:
Amending and approving draft meeting minutes
Our guide for clerks on amending draft minutes, recording the changes and filing the minutes.
- The requirements
- Send the minutes to the chair and headteacher first
- Send the draft minutes out 7 days before the meeting
- Discuss and record amendments in the meeting
- File the minutes
- Avoid spending lots of time on amendments
- Don't change approved minutes
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.