You are here:
A clerk's guide to producing minutes
Getting the minutes right is essential to your role as a clerk. Use our minutes template and advice on taking and writing up notes, and our checklist for checking the minutes, to help you do this.
- Prepare before the meeting
- Download our template
- Choose your preferred method of recording
- Distinguish between public and confidential information
- Use the right language and tone
- Demonstrate the board's effectiveness
- Write up your notes afterwards
- Use our checklist to check them over
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.