The information in this article is from the DfE's model articles of association. Double check your own in case they differ.
Find out more about how to recruit school governors and trustees.
- The number of trustees who are employees of the trust can't be more than 1/3 of the total number of trustees
- This includes the CEO/headteacher
- It's explained in article 50B of the model articles and on page 57 of the Governance Handbook
- For all trustee types, no more than 19.9% of your board can be LA associated, such as through current or previous employment
- Previous employment means within the last 4 years
- This is covered in article 139 of the model articles and on page 57 of the Governance Handbook
The figure specified in your articles includes your headteacher/CEO, if the members choose to