You are here:
Appointing staff members as co-opted governors
Read the rules on appointing staff members, who aren't "staff governors" to your board. We look at co-opting staff members, associate membership, and the potential pros and cons.
- You can co-opt a staff member as a governor
- What to do if the proportion rises above a third
- You can also appoint a staff member as an associate member
- How to change a governor's category
- Pros and cons of staff members on the board
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.