Committees & panels
- Chair of the finance committee: role and responsibilities The role and responsibilities of the chair of the finance committee can vary, but there are some core skills every finance chair should have. Save time and download our role description to clarify your chair's duties.
- Committee chairs: who they are and what they do If you need a new committee chair or you're considering giving it a go yourself, find out what the role involves and what it takes to be qualified.
- Committees: what they are and what they do One way that boards manage their workload is by delegating tasks to smaller groups of governors or trustees. Understand the types of committee and the rules on their constitution.
- Governing board committee structures: pick the right one for you Be clear on the pros and cons of different committee structures so you can choose the right monitoring method for your board.
- How to clerk a finance committee meeting Be clear on what to do before, during and after a finance committee meeting to make sure it runs smoothly.
- How to clerk a panel hearing Be clear how to co-ordinate a panel hearing in a fair and transparent way. Download our list of statutory deadlines for suspensions, exclusions and admissions panels to help you stay organised.
- How to review your committees You should review your committees every year. Read our 3-step process for how to do this effectively.