You are here:
What roles must a school have in place?
Get a list of the positions and responsibilities that maintained schools and academies are legally obliged to fill.
- Governing board and governance
- Chief finance officer (CFO) (academies only)
- Accounting officer (academies only)
- Special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO)
- Designated safeguarding lead (DSL)
- Designated teacher for looked after and previously looked after children (LAC)
- Data protection officer (DPO)
- Careers leader (secondary schools only)
- First aiders
- Fire safety
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.