Staff roles, structures & change
Managing staff restructures 4 articles
- Reorganising your staff in schools is different to restructuring in other organisations. As governors, you won't manage this process, but read the key rules and requirements here so you can support your headteacher effectively.
- Be clear on how to make sure your headteacher has a smooth departure and how you can help maintain effective leadership following their exit. Use our template letter to share the news with parents.
- The decision to restructure is strategic and part of your remit as a governor. Learn how to make this decision, find questions to ask, and get tips on supporting your headteacher through the process.
Staffing structures 1 article
Staff roles & responsibilities 3 articles
- Be clear on who the DSL can be, and what their responsibilities are.
- Updated Be clear on who the SENCO can be in your school, and find out what their responsibilities are and how you're involved.
- Use our list of positions and responsibilities that maintained schools and academies are legally obliged to fill to check you're compliant.