You are here:
6 key rules to remember when restructuring staff
Reorganising your staff in schools is different to restructuring in other organisations. As governors, you won't manage this process, but read the key rules and requirements here so you can support your headteacher effectively.
- There are required roles in schools
- Staff may have nationally set terms and conditions
- Equality law applies to schools
- You must consult staff and unions in some circumstances
- There are rules on redundancy pay and notice
- Responsibility for dismissal varies by school type
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.