Financial monitoring & reporting 13 articles
- Academy Trust Handbook: changes from September 2022 Changes to the Academy Trust Handbook 2022 are unlikely to change your operations significantly, but there are a few new rules to be aware of.
- Financial transparency: requirements for maintained schools Get up to speed with the financial transparency regulations for maintained schools. Find out what your school is required to do, so you can monitor compliance.
- How to interrogate a finance report Read our step-by-step guide to monitoring the finance report so you're clear on what the numbers mean, what to look out for and what questions to ask in your finance committee meeting.
Generating income & fundraising 2 articles
- Funds and freebies: monthly highlights Updated Find a selection of the grants available to schools across a range of areas, and details of freebies your school can access. You can also learn about cost-of-living support available for your school and community.
- Governors' role in generating income for schools School finances are being deeply affected by the cost-of-living crisis. Learn how to help your school generate income and find some potential solutions for raising much-needed funds.
School budget & expenditure 8 articles
- Approving the budget: questions to ask Whether you're a member of the finance committee or not, know what questions to ask about different areas of the budget at whichever stage it comes to you for approval.
- Coronavirus: additional funding for your school Get up to speed on the different streams of funding your school's entitled to, including the coronavirus catch-up premium and recovery premium.
- Governors and trustees supplying schools with goods or services Find out how to manage conflicts of interest if you’re buying a governor's or trustee's goods or services. If you're an academy trust, understand the rules around managing related party transactions.
School funding 10 articles
- Coronavirus catch-up premium: summary Your school can continue to carry forward any unspent coronavirus catch-up premium into 2022/23. Understand how your school can use it and how to hold school leaders accountable for spending it.
- Devolved formula capital (DFC) funding Devolved formula capital (DFC) is a source of capital funding for maintained schools and academies. Learn about how it's allocated and the rules your school needs to follow when spending it.
- Funding for pupils with SEN Get to grips with how provision for pupils with special educational needs (SEN) is funded in your school.