Headteacher pay, appraisal & wellbeing
Headteacher pay 2 articles
- Make sure you know how to set pay ranges for headteachers, including in special schools, and be clear on when you can change their pay ranges. Read guidance on when you can give additional payments, and how you should pay those in an acting role.
- Be clear on what your board needs to do to pay your headteacher above the headteacher group salary range, and the reasons why you might do this.
Headteacher performance & appraisal 11 articles
- Understand the regulations around appraisal and how the appraisal process for an executive headteacher works depending on your governance structure.
- Get guidance on assembling your headteacher appraisal panel, including who to appoint and what's required in maintained schools and academies.
- Download our template forms to collect 360-degree feedback for your headteacher's appraisal. Find out how to analyse the results and what to bear in mind when interpreting the feedback.
Headteacher wellbeing & development 2 articles
- As a chair, be clear on how you can monitor your headteacher’s wellbeing and make sure they feel supported – both during coronavirus and beyond.
- As a chair, be clear on how you can support your new headteacher (including in light of coronavirus) and induct them effectively. Download our checklist to help you keep track of what you need to do.