You are here:
Personal relationship between the headteacher and a member of staff
It's understandable to worry if you learn about a relationship between the headteacher and a staff member. Read our experts' advice on how to make sure your headteacher remains transparent, impartial and fair in this situation.
- Chairs: remind the headteacher of their responsibilities
- Chairs: inform other governors and staff
- Arrange changes to line management
- Update the register of interests
- Review your procedures for addressing staff concerns
- Seek independent advice
- Examples of procedures from schools
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.