Values & ethos
- Find your vision and strategy part 1: lay the groundwork You know that your school's meant to have a strong vision statement - but what does that mean? Learn what it is, why you need one and how to get the ball rolling to find yours.
- Find your vision and strategy part 2: how to run an away day Many boards take a day together in the summer term to reflect on their school’s vision and strategy. Read our facilitator’s guide on how to organise and run one for your board, both in-person or in a virtual space.
- How to embed your school's vision Understand how you can communicate your school's vision to stakeholders and how to embed the vision into the work of your governing board.
- How to make sustainability a strategic priority for your school or trust Help your school or trust do all it can to tackle climate change by embedding environmental sustainability into its vision, strategy and practice. Know how to get the ball rolling on sustainability, monitor your school or trust's practice, and ensure your whole school community has the chance to get involved.
- Promoting British values in schools Read a summary of your school's duty to actively promote British values and your governing board's role in doing this.
- Vision and strategy: developing a culture of inclusion and safety Find out how to take your first steps in discussing unconscious bias and sexual abuse confidently as a governing board, so you can help develop a school culture where everyone feels included and safe. Get advice on how to deliver your vision away day this year to get the ball rolling.
- Vision statements: what they are and how to create one Find out how to create an effective vision statement so your whole community can understand and follow your strategic direction. See some examples from schools and trusts.