Intervention & external support 1 article
School improvement planning 7 articles
- Your governing board should approve the school improvement plan (SIP) every year. Understand the process for doing that, what to look out for and what questions to ask. The SIP is sometimes called a school development plan or strategic plan.
- Updated Find advice about financial and non-financial KPIs, including examples of key performance indicators for maintained schools and academies. Learn how to use them effectively alongside your school improvement plan (SIP) or strategic plan.
- There's so much information to know as a governor that it can be overwhelming. Download our checklist to understand the key information you should know about your school and where to find it.
Structuring the school day and year 1 article
Values & ethos 7 articles
- You know that your school's meant to have a strong vision statement - but what does that mean? Learn what it is, why you need one and how to get the ball rolling to find yours.
- Many boards take a day together in the summer term to reflect on their school’s vision and strategy. Read our facilitator’s guide on how to organise and run one for your board, both in-person or in a virtual space.
- Understand how you can communicate your school's vision to stakeholders and how to embed the vision into the work of your governing board.