Strategic plans: examples from schools
Strategic plans can take a variety of forms. See examples from schools across the country.
Community school in Cumbria
Fellview Primary School in Cumbria has published a 3-year strategic plan for 2018-2021.
It lists the school's vision, objectives, and general principles for achieving those objectives such as:
- Setting high standards
- Making pupils responsible for their own learning
- Communicating clear expectations
- Working closely with stakeholders
It sets out the school's goals year-by-year and the priorities for meeting each goal.
Voluntary-controlled school in West Berkshire
Purley Church of England Primary School has a 5-year strategic plan from 2017-2022 (use the 'key information' link at the top of the page to navigate to 'governors,' where you'll find the strategic plan). It lists 4 strategic priorities:
- Excellence in Whole Child Education
- Building community
- Effectively using resources
- Effective leadership, governance and financial control
The document includes plans for implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and a visual representation of the plan.
Hatch End High School has a 3-year plan for 2019-2022. The