Government policies & legislation
- Changes in education 2022/2023 Get up to speed on the key changes that are likely to affect your school this academic year, and find resources to help you take action.
- Gender pay gap reporting: requirements Any organisation with 250 or more employees is required to publish and report specific figures about its gender pay gap. Read about the reporting requirements and the current picture in the sector.
- Quick guide to governance legislation Bookmark our quick reference guide to the key governance legislation and guidance so you can easily refer to it on a regular basis. Use our downloadable copy to keep to hand for when you need it.
- Schools white paper 2022: summary Find out about upcoming and potential policy changes and what they mean for your school. Plans include new attainment targets in literacy and numeracy, an academy-led education system and a drive to increase attendance.
- Schools white paper 2022: where are we now? New Be clear on what's changed since the government published its schools white paper in March 2022. Find out which initiatives are still happening, what has been dropped, and what all this means for your school or trust.
- SEND and AP improvement plan: summary Dig into the details of the SEND and alternative provision (AP) improvement plan. Understand how the government intends to reform the SEND and AP system, and get an idea of timelines.
- Sustainability and climate change: summary of the DfE's strategy The government has published its sustainability strategy to improve the education sector’s response to climate change by 2030. Find out what it's planning to introduce and when, and how your school will be affected.