This article summarises key points from Ofsted’s review of sexual abuse in schools and colleges.
We're currently putting together a suite of content to help you and your board rise to the challenges presented by this review. Over the coming weeks, we'll help you to:
- Develop and support a whole-school culture that challenges sexism and sexist attitudes
- Review your policies and curriculum for unconscious biases
And even more. In the meantime, you can learn more about preventing sexual abuse in your school here:
- Governors' role in preventing peer-on-peer abuse
- Sexual violence and sexual harassment between children: summary
- How to review your child protection policy
- Online safety: governors' role
What was the review?
Ofsted visited 32 schools and colleges as part of its review, some of which had