You are here:
Complaints appeal panels: maintained schools
Guidance on the procedure for convening a complaints panel, procedures for a hearing, and the role of the clerk and complaints panel chair.
- Convene a panel
- Define the remit
- Appoint 3 impartial governors
- Set the date and time
- The appeal meeting should be respectful
- The chair makes sure procedure is followed
- The clerk is the panel’s point of contact
- Clerks: use our template letter to share the outcome
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.