You are here:
School trips and educational visits
What is governors' role in educational visits? One of our experts outlines the governing board's responsibilities regarding school trips and advises on policies and codes of conduct for off-site visits. We also relay guidance on approving school trips and on who is liable if something goes wrong.
- Role of the governing board
- Approving trips and visits
- Liability if something goes wrong
- Policies covering off-site visits
- Code of conduct for visits
- Who can lead an educational visit?
- Can governors attend educational visits?
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.