You are here:
Governors' exclusions panel: procedures
As a governor, you'll most likely be asked to consider an exclusion at some point. Read this to understand the procedures to follow when sitting on the governors' exclusions panel, and see our easy-to-read flowchart.
- Governors' role in exclusions
- Set the date and time
- Send out the papers and evidence
- Know who must, and may attend
- Procedure for the meeting: flowchart
- Deal with disruptions
- Take minutes
- Consider these points when making a decision
- Notify parties about the decision
- Ensure the pupil's name is removed from the school register
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.