Behaviour & attendance
Attendance & absence 4 articles
- Read our tips on monitoring and challenging your school's attendance figures by questioning your senior leaders, benchmarking against national data, and understanding how Ofsted will use your data.
- Be clear on what’s in the guidance and what's expected from you when it comes to improving school attendance. Use our example questions to make sure your leaders are prioritising attendance and that your school or trust is compliant.
- Read our 1-page summary of the rules on school absence, attendance and term-time holidays.
Behaviour 1 article
Suspensions and exclusions 10 articles
- As a governor, you'll most likely be asked to consider a suspension or exclusion at some point. Read about the procedures to follow when sitting on the governors' panel.
- Learn when a suspensions or exclusions panel is required, the timelines for considering different types of suspension or exclusion, and who can make up the membership.
- Find out about the types of evidence you can expect to see as a a member of a suspensions or exclusions panel. Learn how to use them to establish the facts and reach a decision.