Behaviour & attendance
Attendance & absence 4 articles
- How to evaluate your school's absence and attendance figures Read our tips on monitoring and challenging your school's attendance figures by questioning your senior leaders, benchmarking against national data, and understanding how Ofsted will use your data.
- Improving school attendance: your role from the guidance New non-statutory attendance guidance applies from September 2022. There aren’t any big changes, but get clear on what’s in the guidance and what's expected from you when it comes to improving school attendance. Use our example questions to make sure your leaders are prioritising attendance and that your school or trust is compliant.
- School attendance Read our 1-page summary of the rules on school absence, attendance and term-time holidays.
Behaviour 1 article
- The governing board's role in a whole-school approach to behaviour Find out how to fulfil your role in promoting good behaviour as part of a whole-school approach. Help support a positive behaviour culture, and find questions to ask to monitor behaviour in your school.
Exclusions 10 articles
- Governors' suspensions and exclusions panels: procedures Updated As a governor, you'll most likely be asked to consider a suspension or exclusion at some point. Read about the procedures to follow when sitting on the governors' panel.
- Governors' suspensions and exclusions panels: purpose and membership Learn when a suspensions or exclusions panel is required, the timelines for considering different types of suspension or exclusion, and who can make up the membership.
- Governors' suspensions and exclusions panels: using evidence The governors' suspensions and exclusions panel will use various forms of evidence to establish the facts. Learn all about the types of evidence you can expect to see and how they're used in considering suspensions and exclusions.