You are here:
The chair's relationship with the headteacher
How can a chair establish a good working relationship with a headteacher? We relay advice from one of our associate experts and outline guidance with tips for working together. We also link to a case study on how a chair and headteacher worked together effectively.
- Getting the relationship off to a good start
- Suggested topics to cover in the initial meetings
- Suggestions for working together
- Managing the relationship when the school is in difficulty
- The chair is not the headteacher's line manager
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.