You are here:
How to recruit co-opted governors with the skills you need
Read these pointers to recruit a governor with the skills your governing board needs, including using a governor recruitment service, creating a compelling advert and reaching out to the places where your ideal governors are.
- Audit your governing board to clarify the skills you need
- Use a free governor recruitment service
- Create a compelling advert
- Mitigate the common concerns in the advert
- Look for candidates in your school community
- Publicise your advert where your potential candidates are likely to see it
- Use our template role descriptions
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.