Staff roles, structures & change
Managing staff restructures 4 articles
- Reorganising staff in a school is different to restructuring in other organisations. As governors, you won't manage this process, but read the key rules and requirements here so you can support your headteacher effectively.
- Be clear on how to make sure your headteacher has a smooth departure and how you can help maintain effective leadership following their exit. Use our template letter to share the news with parents.
- Major restructures are strategic and part of your remit as a governor. Learn to challenge the need for a restructure and scrutinise plans. Also find questions to ask and get tips on supporting your headteacher through the process.
Staffing structures 1 article
Staff roles & responsibilities 3 articles
- Be clear on who the DSL can be, and what their responsibilities are.
- Be clear on who the SENCO can be in your school, and find out what their responsibilities are and how you're involved.
- Use our list of positions and responsibilities that maintained schools and academies are legally obliged to fill to check you're compliant.