Staff roles, structures & change
Managing staff restructures 4 articles
- 6 key rules to remember when restructuring staff Reorganising staff in a school is different to restructuring in other organisations. As governors, you won't manage this process, but read the key rules and requirements here so you can support your headteacher effectively.
- Managing your headteacher’s departure Be clear on how to make sure your headteacher has a smooth departure and how you can help maintain effective leadership following their exit. Use our template letter to share the news with parents.
- Restructuring your staff: governors' role Major restructures are strategic and part of your remit as a governor. Learn to challenge the need for a restructure and scrutinise plans. Also find questions to ask and get tips on supporting your headteacher through the process.
Staffing structures 1 article
- Primary staffing structures: examples Take a look at how school staffing structures can vary with our examples from a range of primary schools.
Staff roles & responsibilities 3 articles
- The designated safeguarding lead (DSL) Be clear on who the DSL can be, and what their responsibilities are.
- The special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO) Be clear on who the SENCO can be in your school, and find out what their responsibilities are and how you're involved.
- What roles must a school have in place? Use our list of positions and responsibilities that maintained schools and academies are legally obliged to fill to check you're compliant.