School budget & expenditure
- Approving the budget: questions to ask Whether you're a member of the finance committee or not, know what questions to ask about different areas of the budget at whichever stage it comes to you for approval.
- Governors and trustees supplying schools with goods or services Find out how to manage conflicts of interest if you’re buying a governor's or trustee's goods or services. If you're an academy trust, understand the rules around managing related party transactions.
- How to monitor and scrutinise the budget in finance committee meetings Find out what to do before your finance committee meetings and use our questions to help you scrutinise the budget throughout the year. It's a long read, but it'll help you go through your budget with a fine-tooth comb.
- Local governing bodies (LGBs): how to monitor value for money Be clear on how you can go about monitoring value for money in your school if you’ve been delegated this responsibility.
- Local governing bodies: your role in school finance and budgets Get an idea of how you might be involved in school finance, like the budget setting process, regardless of how much delegated power you have.
- The budget approval process Get an idea of what your budget approval process might look like, so you're clear on when you're involved and what you need to do.