You are here:
Staff dismissal and the role of the governing body
What is the governing body's role in dismissing staff? The governing body's role varies depending on the type of school. We refer to guidance on managing staff employment in schools and on developing disciplinary procedures. We also relay advice on delegating staff dismissal to the headteacher.
- Governing body's role in staff dismissal
- How often do governing bodies delegate the power to dismiss staff?
- Requirement to have staff disciplinary procedures in place
- Guidance on developing staff disciplinary procedures
- Governors' role in staff appeal hearings
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.