Intervention & external support 1 article
School improvement planning 8 articles
- Help your leaders take stock of this unique period in time to uncover positive learning points, so your school can move forward with renewed focus and confidence.
- Your governing board should approve the school improvement plan (SIP) every year. Understand the process for doing that, what to look out for and what questions to ask. The SIP is sometimes called a school development plan or strategic plan.
- Academy trusts must set financial key performance indicators (KPIs), and report on them to trustees. It's also a good idea to set other KPIs as part of your improvement planning. Have a look at examples of KPIs you might use, and see approaches from other trusts.
Structuring the school day and year 1 article
Values & ethos 7 articles
- You know that your school's meant to have a strong vision statement - but what does that mean? Learn what it is, why you need one and how to get the ball rolling to find yours.
- Many boards take a day together in the summer term to reflect on their school’s vision and strategy. Read our facilitator’s guide on how to organise and run one for your board, both in-person or in a virtual space.
- Understand how you can communicate your school's vision to stakeholders and how to embed the vision into the work of your governing board.